Diabetes, the most common disease in India is affecting number of people day by day. Are you one among them? Continue reading to know the symptoms of high blood sugar level.
Why to know?
Have you ever noticed that your body speaks? Every disease has its own symptoms and it starts showing them when it occurs. The problem starts when we hesitate to know about our body system and ignore the signs and symptoms. If we know about the disease like how it occurs and why it occurs, we can prevent it before it affects us. Likewise, if you are already suffering from any disease, know its symptoms and how to control them just to prevent yourself from illness.
Know your type:
1. Fasting hyperglycemia – level higher than 130 mg/dL during fasting for 8 hours.
2. After-meal hyperglycemia –level higher than 180 mg/dL after the meal.
The high blood sugar level affects people of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
People with Type 1 diabetes are prone to the acids called Ketoacidosis, that forms in blood.
People with Type 2 diabetes will urinate often in the beginning and less later on. The color of urine becomes dark.
Diabetes – the killer:
Though it is not a deadly disease, it has to be under control for any treatment you may have to undergo. As it mostly affects the people who aged more than 40, who are at the risk of other problems such as heart disease, kidney infections, metabolic problems, cancer, the blood sugar level plays an important role for the successful treatment. That’s why it is important to know the symptoms of high blood sugar level.
Signs and symptoms:
It is important to visit a doctor if you notice any of these symptoms:
- If you drink more water than usual but still hydrated.
- When you have headache that lasts longer.
- If you are unable to focus on what you are doing.
- Frequent urination.
- When things or people you see are not clear.
- If your blood sugar level is more than 180 mg/dL.
- When sores don’t heal for a long time
- Extreme intestinal problems like constipation or diarrhea
Factors affecting hyperglycemia:
Always know what causes the rise in blood sugar.
- If you forget your insulin or tablet.
- If you are ill.
- When you suffer from any infection.
- When you have imbalance diet.
- If you suffer from mood swings.