Fruits are highly nutritious that everyone includes in their diet in different ways. It is well known that fruits are high in vitamins, minerals, fiber and water. Most of the fruits are also very high in sugar content, consumption of which may not be advisable for people with certain health problems.
Let’s check fruits with high amounts of sugar
- Mangoes – are highly nutritious summer fruit. They are rich source of vitamins, minerals and fibre but its high in sugar about 23gm per cup.
- Cherries – Cherries are rich in vitamins, minerals an excellent source of fibre. They are highly antioxidant in nature. Cherries are considered to possess many health benefits, but contain good amounts of sugar 19 gm per cups.
- Grapes – are rich in fiber, contain antioxidant properties, but are high in sugar content 15 gm per cup.
- Guavas – they are power house of nutrients ,contains antioxidants, high in fiber, rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, but guavas are high in sugar 15gm per cup.
- Bananas – bananas are excellent source of fiber and mineral potassium, and good source of antioxidants, no fat, rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 but contain s14 gm sugar per cup.
- Lychees – they are high in sugar content (29 gms per cup). People with diabetes need to be very careful about consuming this fruit.
- Pomegranate – is loaded with goodness of antioxidant, antiflammatory properties, rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate and potassium, but its sugar content is too high that is 24gm per cup.
- Figs – are packed with numerous health benefits a rich source of fiber and potassium, but contain good amounts of sugar that is 10 gm per cup.