Since ages turmeric has been used as a spice and also to cure many ailments. Turmeric is known for its amazing healing quality. The active ingredient in turmeric is Curcumin a compound with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property.
Turmeric is used to cure many diseases and one of them is Ulcerative Colitis – an inflammatory bowel disease, it occurs when the lining of your large intestine and rectum are inflammed. It is quite a life threatening disease that can put the affected person at the risk for developing colon cancer if left untreated. Many doctors turn to turmeric to treat ulcerative colitis for its effectiveness.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis disease
- weight loss
- rectal bleeding
- abdominal pain
- mouth sores
- joint pain
- eye inflammation
- skin problems
Causes Of Ulcerative Colitis disease
The exact cause of Ulcerative Colitis is not clear but according to studies it could be due to abnormal immune responses or it could be due to disturbance in the gut bacteria environment and other reason could be genetics.
Let’s check how turmeric can help treat ulcerative colitis
- Turmeric is undeniable one of the powerful spices with anti inflammatory properties; it has been known to be very effective to treat ulcerative colitis by acting on inflammation of the lining of the large intestine and ulcers in the colon region responsible for causing ulcerative colitis disease. It has been found that turmeric has the ability to get back immune strength needed to drive away harmful foreign bodies from the body.
- The antioxidant property in turmeric has the ability to decrease oxidative stress and peroxidation responsible for boosting ulcerative colitis, thus relives the pain caused by this disease.
- Turmeric is high in essential oils and is loaded with gastro protective property that can be very helpful to reduce pain caused by ulcerative colitis.
- Turmeric is a powerful medicinal spice that is very useful in regulating immune system, which in turn helps the patient suffering from ulcerative colitis by fighting off proinflammatory cytokins, thus giving relief from the pain caused by ulcerative colitis.
- Regular intake of turmeric can raise the remission period in people suffering from ulcerative colitis.
How to include turmeric in your diet?
- Turmeric can be very easily included in your everyday diet by simply adding in your food preparations. You can add turmeric to any vegetable, soups, pickles, marination just any food which you eat every day.
- People suffering from ulcerative colitis can drink turmeric milk or tea both are very good option to get relief form ulcerative colitis pain.
- You can also get relief from ulcerative colitis pain by adding fresh turmeric roots in your diet. You can just crush a fresh piece of turmeric root and make a juice and add to your soups or other juices and reap the benefits.
- Turmeric supplements are also available in the form of – fluid, extract, capsule, or tincture .Before taking supplements consult your doctor for dosage information.
Turmeric is very safe for health, but follows certain precaution before taking turmeric supplements like – pregnant women, and people who take blood thinners should avoid it as turmeric supplements may interact with certain medications.