We all take medicine when we are attacked with some kind of health issue. Those medicines help us to recover from the ailment or suppress the bothering symptoms that the sickness causes to us. Similarly, people suffering from the sleep issues like narcolepsy and sleep apnea prefer to have the drug of Modafinil to treat their problem. It is an ideal medicine for these diseases. But hold on. There are few things you should know about yourself and this ideal medication also before you start taking it.
- This smart drug is indeed very helpful for the narcoleptic people and other sleep issues but it comes with its own set of pros and cons. So consult your doctor before you pop the pill of Modafinil.
- This drug tends to develop allergic symptom in some people after consuming the medicine.
- Some of the allergic signs are mild and they wear off in couple of days. But some are very severe and can cause harmful effects on your health.
- Mild reactions include symptoms headache, nausea, stuffy nose, dizziness, stomach upset etc. They do go away by themselves in couple of days. However, if they stay for a prolonged period, it is a matter of concern.
- Some of the symptoms can be quite extreme such as mental or mood swings, bleeding or bruising, stomach pain, chills, sore throat, fever, swelling of face, lips and mouth, yellowing off skin and eyes.
- Apart from the allergic symptoms, people having health issues like heart disorder and high blood pressure should avoid this medicine.
- People with kidney disorder and liver ailments should avoid this medication.
- If you are taking this medicine, do not take it with alcohol or any other beverage. Take it only with water.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should consult their specialists before taking this medicine as it may harm the child they are carrying.
The drug of Modafinil is no doubt the best medicine for narcolepsy and other sleep issues. But you should also follow the precautions before and after consuming the drug which are mentioned above.